Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Loving 2013

 1) CHRIS MARTIN - CHEATERS PRAYER. 

When it is warm, you cannot beat some reggae beats. This is just a fact of life. So let me introduce you to Chris Martin. No, not the guy from Coldplay. I first heard this song in my Dad's car and it made me laugh so much! I still love it now. Other songs to listen out for would be "Paper Loving" and "Beautiful."



2) LORDE - ROYALS.

I know I always say I have songs on repeat but this one was ridiculous I had it on a continuous loop for over two weeks and I am still not bored of it. It's one of those songs that are perfect for a journey on public transport. All you need to know about Lorde: she is from New Zealand, only a teenager and a brilliant song writer. 



3) ASAF AVIDAN - ONE DAY. 

I prefer the non-remixed version of this song but for Summer this Wankelmut Remix is a lot better. Lyrically, simple. Musically, intelligent. He is a great live performer and really captures the sentiment of each song he writes. I don't know why he reminds me so much of Daryl Palumbo of Head Automatica/ Glassjaw. 


4) BEIRUT - POSTCARDS FROM ITALY. 

I accidentally clicked shuffle on my phone and was greeted by this old favourite of mine. Since that day, I have been listening to this album far too much. So it seems Balkan folk music is most certainly my thing. This is the song I am going to set our California 2013 trip video footage to. So excited. If you have never listened to Beirut please start by listening to their first album from which this song comes from. 



5) YOUTH LAGOON - DAYDREAM.

A band I knew little or nothing about but, having gone to one of thier gigs at Gorilla in Manchester a few days ago, I am a convert. The style is almost dream-pop like? Do you know what I mean? Ambient and mystical. Definitely worth giving them a listen whilst reading a book and sipping on a diet coke! 


Well there are plenty more I could add to this list but I don't want to bore you! I will be writing an exclusive I got from a certain MR DJ DEREK in my next post. So please keep your eyes peeled. And apologies for not posting for so long!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment