Friday, March 30, 2012

The comeback kids....

You have to love those artists that just leave you hanging for a few years and then come back with some incredible material. Okay, we don't get many of them... but this year it looks like it's about to change....

REGINA SPEKTOR - ROWBOATS

It has been three years since her last album and I am so glad to find that she hasn't lost her sense of self in her new material, like so many others do.I am actually really loving the fusion of old and new! If anything I'd say her sound has developed and with maturity the impact and impression she leaves lasts a hell of a lot longer. I really love this new song and if you haven't listened to any of her other stuff please do....


THE SHINS - SIMPLE SONG

First of all let me say what an amazing video this is! I really did love The Shins back when I was in college and I think it has been close to five years since they last released anything! Times may have changed since the original band were on the scene but now with a few new members the quality of this track just speaks for itself and I'm sure it'll have a place on most people's playlists! You can't deny yourself a sexy power-pop riff!

No comments:

Post a Comment