Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Summer Love 2010.

BOMBA ESTÉREO
(If you know me, you know that when it is the Summer season I like to pretend that I am from some far-away exotic country - as sad as that sounds - this year I have chosen to be Colombian!)


... and why is that you ask? because my love for Bomba Estereo is back with a vengeance! I have had the song I am about to share with you on repeat for the past few days... and it is not looking to get boring anytime soon! There is something so sexy about mixing traditional Colombian music with modern day interpretations of electro and reggae! I bet your ears have pricked up now! This female fronted ensemble know how to have a good party and when they perform audience participation is a key part! Fans are often pulled on stage to dance or play some form of percussion! Now that is the kind of band that understand the concept of good music being more about an atmosphere! I would LOVE to see Bomba Estereo live at some point in the near future but they haven't had any U.K tour dates thus far :(  

The song I am going to share with you has elements of all kinds of musical genre such as Reggae, Rap and Cumbia just to name a few! the layers of this track is what makes it so interesting it seems to change with your mood... if you are feeling annoyed the delivery of the lyrics sound angry.... if you are feeling summery... the Spanish guitar is foregrounded as well as the reggae beat. This track seems to have the ability to manipulate itself to my mindset and I think this is why I love it so much! I can truly say that Bomba Estereo are going to be my favourites this August!

No comments:

Post a Comment