Friday, July 2, 2010

Slightly Behind The Times But Worth a Mention...

BUTTERFLY BOUCHER
(yes that is her REAL name!)



I feel that Butterfly Boucher needs to be mentioned on my blog because despite releasing two albums she hasn't got the following she deserves -especially in the U.K! The Australian who currently resides in the U.S.A has released a series of delectable songs that are simple in their content and easy to listen to. With a name like Butterfly I think you should at least give her a chance.

Here are my reviews and suggestions from Butterfly Bouchers back catalogue of music....

My favourite song by far would have to be A Bitter Song. a simple voice, simple lyrics and a simple tune. This is what makes this song so heartbreaking and beautiful, it is easy to sense Butterfly's genuine emotion and that is a powerful thing for a person who doesn't have an overtly distinct voice. Personally, I prefer songs with a simple lyric and melody that allows you to focus on the meaning of the words rather than songs that bombard you with a variety of 'noises', hence why this is the one I love the most. Although I appreciate songs that have many layers I would always pick a simple well performed one instead... but that is just me.  fin

I Can't Make Me is a classic pop song that seems like the perfect aid to heal any summer break-up scars. This song has a very french twist to it (maybe something to do with the scratchy guitar) although Butterfly's voice does not reflect this opinion... I must say that she sounds quite similar to Natalie Imbruglia in this recording... but anyway back to the french twist... just imagine Vannessa Paradis (Johnny Depp's Lady Love) singing this. It would be perfect... or how about imagining yourself singing it in the mirror on a hot day. It's just one of those songs that you can sing really loud when nobody is around! And that is my kind of song!

Butterfly Boucher's latest album is entitled Scary Fragile and rightly so as the song of the same name and album really show the depth of Butterfly's emotions in regard to love and life. Again this is another simple song with a basic riff supporting the body of the single... the riff is one of those that will stick in your head. So listen to this song with caution! I bet if you listen to it enough times you will hum it without realising.

No comments:

Post a Comment